Rhinoplasty is also known as nose surgery. It is a surgical procedure to alter your nose in various specifications – to shorten or lengthen the nose, alter its shape, outline or form, narrow the nostrils, etc. Your initial consultation with your plastic surgeon will focus on discussing your facial features, skin on your nose, modification if any on the bone or cartilage. Your plastic surgeon will explain in details what rhinoplasty can do for your overall appearance.
In most cases and where you have an experienced plastic surgeon, the results will be satisfactory for you and your surgeon. Where the changes are not enough for the desired look or feel, you and your surgeon might opt for a second surgery for further refinements. A waiting period of one year is normally advised if a second surgery is desired.
Choosing the Best Doctor
The Philippines is one place where you can find the best surgeons for your needs.
Dr. Raynald Torres holds impressive credentials in rhinoplasty. He is an expert in rhinoplasty (nose job), cosmetic and reconstructive, and has been known for his outstanding nose jobs. He is an expert in revision rhinoplasty which includes Gore-Tex, silicone implants, cartilage and rib grafts. Dr Torres does functional rhinoplasty and reduction.
With a degree in medicine from the University of the East Ramon Magsaysay (UERM), Dr Torres took up his residency at the Medical City Hospital and his fellowship in cosmetic surgery with the Philippine Society for Cosmetic Surgery consortium.
He is a Diplomate and Fellow Philippine Society for Cosmetic Surgery, Fellow Philippine Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Diplomate and Fellow of the Philippine Society of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery Asian Society of Asian Cosmetic Surgery, Visiting Consultant Asian Hospital and Medical Center, Consultant Staff, The Medical City Hospital and De los Santos Medical Center.
Dr Torres also holds a teaching degree as Faculty of the Ateneo School of Medicine and Public Health and a member of the residency training committee at Medical City.
Why Do Rhinoplasty in the Philippines
As in any developing country, rhinoplasty in the Philippines is gaining popularity not just among the affluent but even to the middle-class working populace. Internationally, cosmetic surgery in the Philippines is also becoming widespread. Other than the very competitive pricing, there is no language barrier as the Doctors speak perfect english.
Where the Filipinos have this natural admiration for women with high nasal bridge, the most commonly requested rhinoplasty is the “nose lift”. This demand had been met by the growing number of plastic surgeons whose training and expertise are comparable if not better than their foreign counterparts. The Philippines has some of the best plastic surgeons offering the services.
An Overview of the Procedure
The following gives you an overview of how the procedure is done.
- This surgical procedure requires either local or general anesthesia, which will depend on the complexity of the required nose job. Your surgeon will determine which kind of anesthesia will be best for you.
- Local anesthesia is usually used in outpatient scenario and is restricted to a specific part of your body. A pain-numbing medication will be injected into the nasal tissues and sedates you with an intravenous anesthesia. You will feel groggy but not fully asleep.
- General anesthesia is required for more complicated nose surgery where the anesthetic drug is infused through a catheter placed in a vein in the hand, neck or chest. This will affect the entire body and will induce temporary state of unconsciousness.
- Incisions are made to provide access to the cartilage and bone. The nose’s skin is separated from its supporting framework and the new nose is sculpted to the desired shape. Finally, the skin is redraped over the new framework. Only in some complicated cases will the incision be made across the columella, (the vertical tissue strip separating the nostrils). In most cases, incisions are made inside the nostrils.
- After the surgery, you will be in the recovery room for monitoring of any complication. Without any, you may be discharged later that day or stay overnight, if the procedure is done in the hospital.
- You need to rest in bed with head raised higher than the chest to avoid bleeding and reduce swelling. Congestion may be experienced caused by the swelling or the cotton packed inside the nose during surgery. The dressings will remain in place for up to seven days after the procedure. A splint or plaster cast is taped to your nose for support and protection which will be removed after about a week.
ALABANG: Ground Floor Unit 9 El Molito Complex, Madrigal Avenue, Ayala Alabang, Muntinlupa City, 1780 Philippines
+63 (02) 842 5173
+63 920 913 0195
Makati +63 (02) 793 8760
News & Updates
- The Real Cost of Beauty: The Harmful Effects of Makeup To Your Skin
- 7 Easy to Make Detox Smoothies for a Vibrant Skin
- The Right Swimsuit Style for Your Body Type
- Enhancements Cosmetic Surgery by Dr. Raynald Torres Wins WhatClinic.com Award For Best Customer Service
- Improve Your Appearance With Proper Makeup Techniques