Having a facelift can be an excellent way of extending your natural looks and giving you years of youth back on your face. The procedure is clinically known as Rhytidectomy and is used to reduce the appearance of facial wrinkles and other signs of aging. The face and jaw areas are the primary focus of the surgery. The surgeon will perform the medical procedure of lifting and tighten the muscles that emphasize the face. The surgeon will also remove areas of fat and skin to help an individual to rejuvenate their youthful image.
An experienced surgeon will be able to create a youthful appearance for a person with an artistic flow without the effects of scarring; leaving a natural young look for the face. Some types of face lifting procedures have been specialized, and call for certain kinds of surgeons that are experts in this field. The surgeon uses specific medical techniques to facilitate a quick response time to healing and minimizing discomfort.
A recent long-term study in 2014 revealed that 68.5% of the patients rated their facelift as a positive experience and felt that it took ten years of age off of their face. The result was 12 years after the clients underwent a facelift procedure.
Related article: Foods That Make The Skin Glow
Here are some steps that can be reviewed to determine if you are a good candidate for a facelift.
(1) How elastic is your skin? A person who will be a good candidate for this procedure will have to have skin that can still retain some of its flexibility and natural suppleness. It is essential that the skin has not lost its elasticity due to the tightening of it during the procedure.
(2) You will need to have suitable bone structure. You will need this to provide excellent support.
(3) Make sure that your expectations are real when it comes to this procedure.
(4) Be in good health without any other preexisting medical complications.
Three Techniques To Review When Getting A Facelift
When deciding to have a facelift, one must consider that there are several different procedures. Here is a list of those techniques and how they vary amongst themselves.
(1) Endoscopic Facelift is a technique that is used to perform various types of facelifts. A tiny camera is placed on the end of a handheld wand and is positioned within the incision so that the surgeon can remove tissue and lift muscles to give the individual a more youthful appearance.
Related article: 5 Homemade Masks For Facelift
(2) Cutaneous Facelift is the oldest type of facelift and only focuses on addressing the issues of sagging and excess skin that is on the face and neck. This procedure has a low risk for nerve damage and other medical complications. Some have reported that the method is not as good as others and tends to leave a less natural look.
(3) SMAS or Superficial Musculoaponeurotic System Facelift is a process where the surgeon lifts the muscles and soft tissue layer just beneath the skin; this tightens the skin to improve the overall youthful appearance of the face and neck. This procedure offers many more options than its predecessors. An S-lift is used to create a better presentation for the jaw and lower facial areas.
(4) Deep-Plane Facelift focuses on treating the mid face which also includes the nasolabial folds. The procedure is risky and can involve complications with facial nerves.
(5) Subperiosteal Facelift is used to address sagging tissues in the mid face and focuses on the soft tissues just above the facial bones. There are even fewer surgeons that perform this procedure.
What To Expect After The Facelift Procedure
After the procedure, you will have to recover to allow your face and neck to heal. There are several things that you will have to deal with when recovering from a facelift.
- You may feel a little cold and have nausea as the anesthesia subsides.
- There will be swelling on the face and neck areas depending on the type of surgery.
- You may find tubes that extend from the surgical areas as well as bandages.
- Expect drainage for the next forty-eight hours as the face and neck recover.
- You will feel swelling and discomfort for a short time, mostly during the first day.
- Medication can control the pain.
- After several follow-ups to see how the recovery is progressing, your life and face will return to normal.
What To Do To For The Healing Process?
Here are some steps to ensure that the healing process will have favorable ending results.
(1) Follow your doctor’s instructions regarding medication and never experiment.
(2) Avoid non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen which can slow healing.
(3) Make sure that your bandages have the correct compression to control swelling and help the face to adapt to the new facial contours.
(4) Keep your bandages dry and clean to avoid contamination.
(5) Make sure that you are following an adequate diet that is full of vitamins and essential nutrients.
A facelift procedure can bring a positive effect to anyone who will undergo it by finding the right cosmetic surgeon and strictly following the surgeon’s order to heal faster. The procedure is known to bring better life experience and increased glow.
Related article: Finding The Best Cosmetic Surgeon In The Philippines
Photo used: www.pexels.com